Monday, April 13, 2009

Hot Cross Buns

So...in lieu of the season i decided i wanted to make some hot cross buns. Boy was that a challenge, at first my milk wasn't warm enough so my yeast would not proof. Then the dough rose only a little bit and when i punched it down for the second rise it did not rise again lol......when it comes to making bread i have a brown thumb so to speak. So anyways as you guys know i just bought my self a kitchenaid mixer i am super excited about its arrival. I ordered it online so i am still waiting for it to arrive so when it does guys watch out!! I am going to put my bread making skills to the test on last time! Hopefully they come out nice and fluffy this time!

3 comments:

  1. Danielle. you have to get yourself a candy thermometer. The milk has to be at 110 degrees for the yeast to work with the dough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the info i will buy one today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom has a pink kitchenaid a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete